The Operations Coordinator is responsible for the overall supportive functions and office operations of The Foundation, as well as managing special projects as needed. This position is the hub of operations, and we are seeking a dynamic, positive and reliable person to manage the back-office details of Foundation administration, provide excellent customer service and take ownership of various projects. This requires juggling multiple priorities, strong attention to detail, proactive problem-solving and providing an overall positive and friendly atmosphere internally and externally.
Responsibilities include detailed administrative and professional support for the entire staff, coordination and mailing of donor thank you letters, tracking/management of scholarship and grant applications/awards and associated correspondence, tracking/management of donor advised fund grants and associated correspondence, offering information and guidance for community inquiries, providing positive and effective donor relations and excellent support for Board members.
- Coordinate detailed logistics for grants, scholarships and other community programs
- Support grants process: track grant applications and coordinate information for Board and Committee review; write, coordinate and distribute grant award letters and disbursements
- Receive, organize and track scholarship applications and recipients
- Assist with events and receptions by coordinating RSVPs, nametags, and other event support
- Manage Colorado Gives Day for The Summit Foundation. Work with donor relations, community relations, and programs for successful execution
- Create and manage website content updates
- Assist with fundraising events such as obtaining silent auction items, prizes, or other in-kind contributions
- Assist with volunteer management for special events
- Coordinate meetings including obtaining locations, notifying attendees and tracking RSVPs
- Coordinate and generate donor thank you letters and other correspondence
- Coordinate and prepare materials and logistics for Board meetings and take minutes
- Receive and organize Philanthropy Award nominations for Committee review
- Track and scan Foundation media coverage
- Offer top-notch customer service to a wide range of people including high profile Board of Trustees, high net-worth individuals, nonprofit representatives, high school students and their families
- Answer telephone- provide a positive first line of communication for The Summit Foundation
- Answer grant, scholarship, philanthropy award inquiries and general questions about The Summit Foundation via email, telephone or in person
- Originate and follow-up on written correspondence with donors, volunteers, scholarship recipients and nonprofit organizations
- Pick up mail from post office daily and coordinate outgoing mailings
- Manage office, maintain office supplies and equipment
- This position reports to the Executive Director and assists all staff members.
Previous experience in a similar position. Medium to high level computer proficiency required, particularly with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of Blackbaud Raisers Edge software beneficial.
Minimum Associate Degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
We are a small team with an upbeat working environment and are looking for someone who is highly motivated, willing to work hard and join us in making a difference in our community. Some evening and weekend work hours will be required occasionally, in particular supporting The Foundation’s annual fundraising events and award receptions. We work with confidential information on a regular basis and operate with a high degree of integrity including maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of our donors. Colorado drivers license is required.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will remain open until filled.