Responsible for financial administration and fiscal stewardship of the assets for the Foundation including accounting, reporting, cash management, reconciliation, coordination of audit and tax return information, and associated financial analysis. Insures accurate and timely financial tracking, coordination and reporting of all financial transactions, including operating, escrow, endowment and donor advised funds. Maintains all insurance policies carried by the Foundation to ensure compliance with regulations. Oversees human resource issues relating to payroll and benefits, in conjunction with the Executive Director. Provides support for the Finance Committee and Executive Director on financial matters, including policies and procedures.
· Prepare monthly financial statements for the Finance Committee and Board.
· Serve as a liaison to the Finance Committee by providing financial information, review of policies and procedures and insuring proper financial controls and administration.
· Accounts Payable duties include reviewing, processing and tracking of payments.
· Manage and process grant and scholarship payments, as approved by the Board.
· Assist in preparation of annual budget in conjunction with Executive Director and staff.
· Manage budget and alert Executive Director to potential issues.
· Reconcile accounts receivable each month and communicate issues with Director of Development.
· Reconcile and balance accounts monthly to insure accuracy and consistency of all financial transactions for operating, escrow, endowment accounts and donor advised funds.
· Preparation of transfers between types of accounts, to ensure accuracy of account balances. Reconcile all differences monthly.
· Develop and manage appropriate accounting procedures to insure legal and GAAP compliance.
· Maintain records, policies and procedures to remain in compliance with all Internal Revenue Service requirements for nonprofit organizations, specifically community foundations.
· Assist Executive Director in organizing, consolidating and maintaining Foundation financial policies.
· Other duties as needed.
Audit and Tax Return
· Prepare information for annual audit and tax return. Serve as the source for schedules and information as required by outside CPA firm.
· Review audit draft in conjunction with Executive Director and Finance Committee.
· Assist in preparation of financial information for annual report and other documents based on audit and calendar year information.
· Review tax return in conjunction with Executive Director and Finance Committee.
· Monitor current organizational insurance policies to insure timely renewal and accurate coverage limits.
· Assist Executive Director with employee insurance renewals and insure all policies are current and updated.
· Process employee paperwork, including W-4, I-9 and payroll information and deductions.
· Administer the Foundation’s 403(b) retirement plan.
· Track all donations and distributions including employee giving, donor advised funds, Peaks Society bequests, Mountain Scholars, and individual donations.
· Track and process donor records in Financial Edge and prepare recognition materials, as needed.
· Coordinate with Director of Development to establish donor advised funds.
· Monitor and reconcile quarterly reports for the invested Endowment funds and provide information support in the distribution of reports to the donors.
· Assist Director of Development in updating other organizational document filings.
· Track, process and reconcile all event donations and vendor payments.
· High level of attention to detail required in counting and tracking large quantities of cash, checks and credit card transactions for each event.
· Maintain security of cash during events.
· Create and reconcile revenue and expense summary for each event as requested.
· Track budget and alert staff to potential overages.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
Advanced level of financial analysis and knowledge is essential for this position. Five years of previous experience in a similar position is required. High level computer experience required including Excel and other Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of Blackbaud Raisers Edge and Financial Edge software beneficial. Experience in accounting software conversions is a plus. Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
Bachelor’s degree required with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
Applying for Position
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter including salary requirements to Jeanne Bistranin, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org by March 16, 2018.